Saturday, August 17, 2013

Foodie: Upside Down Pizza

Happy Saturday everyone! I for one am glad it is the weekend! After one exhausting week. But I always look forward to writing my posts. Today I want to give you guys an easy recipe. It is called Upside Down Pizza! I love this recipe because it is EASY. And after a long day at work and then a work out, the last thing I want to do is slave over a hot stove and over for 2 hours. So here you go! Enjoy!

Shopping List: 

1.5 pounds lean ground beef

15 ounce can Italian-style tomato sauce

1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)

10 ounce package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)


1 package of peperoni or Italian sausage. (optional) 




Things from your kitchen:

Salt and pepper

Red Pepper Flakes (optional) 

Circle non-stick pan 


Possible Side Options: 

Texas Garlic toast 

Salad


Step One: 
Brown the ground beef. Make sure you drain the grease 




Step Two: 
Add ground beef, Italian style sauce and mozzarella to round non stick pan. Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes at this time. 




Step Three:
Place pepperoni or cooked Italian sausage or both on top of the mixture. Chris and I like pepperoni only. 



Step Four: 
Take the raw biscuits and place them on top of the pepperoni. You will need to pull it apart to make it fit.  in the end it will look like this. 



 Step Five:
Pre-heat the oven to 400 and place on the MIDDLE rack for 15 to 20 mins depending on your oven. 



Take out and enjoy! This usually serves 4 people. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. This is also great for kids. If you have any questions about this let me know! 

Until next time everyone! 

QOTD: Do you have any favorite easy recipes? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks delicious!! I love easy one-pot recipes. An easy recipe I tried last weekend was No Bake Sticky Berry Bars from PaleOMG. They were so easy, and a big hit at our Sunday night potlock dinner with friends!

Unknown said...

@Gina Those sounds YUMMY! I will def have to look into those! I live with three guys including my hunnie Chris, and they are ALWAYS happy when I make yummy treats!

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved